I have to admit that I was a little terrified about starting this blog thing with my students. How will I manage it? What happens if we have trouble setting the blogs up? There were a million questions. And you know what? I finally decided to just do it (Swoosh!).
And I'm glad.
My students were all over setting up blogs yesterday (although not necessarily excited) and with Ms. McCarthy's (Media Specialist extraordinaire!) help we overcame problems like forgotten passwords and irritating Blogger prompts. I've already commented on a few blogs, and can't wait to see the final pages that everyone creates. I'm looking forward to this leap into blogging with my students.
By the way, speaking of the swoosh, I just bought Rick Reilly's latest book, Sports from Hell: My Search for the World's Dumbest Competition. Even the acknowledgments are funny... Looking forward to reading it!
A reminder to students: don't forget to spell check. The little ABC with the check mark on it in the tool bar above your text box will help you with that!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSo much fun working with you all. I have read a few of the story ideas/first paragraphs and was so impressed. Great job! - Ms. McCarthy
ReplyDelete